Presented by Missoula Children's Theatre, Inc.
Would it surprise you to know that the story of Rapunzel happened in France? Well it didn’t really, but our story takes you on a frivolous frolic through the French countryside. The Ogres garden in the Mushroom patch while the spies Corn and Potato report back to Madame Gothel. Frenchy and his intense friends, the Wood Elves, do their best to help Rapunzel escape the grasp of Madame Gothel. The lost Prince, Rapunzel’s parents, and her friends the Unicorns try to help. Just when you think it’s safe to cross the bridge, a Troll and Three Billy Goats Gruff get in the way. It doesn’t help that the Three Bears (or is it four) confuse Rapunzel with Goldilocks and chase her through the forest. Add to that the Gremlins trying to play tricks on everyone and you have chaos!
Suggested Common Core State Standards:
RI: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas: 9
SL: Comprehension and Collaoration: 2
SL: Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas: 4
Visual and Performing Arts:
1.0 Artistic Perception: Processing, Analyzing and Responding to Sensory Information through
the Language and Skills Unique to Dance
3.0 Historical and Cultural Context: Understanding the Historical Contributions
4.0 Aesthetic Valuing: Responding to, Analyzing and Making Judgments about Works of Dance
Arts for Youth Ordering
Arts for Youth program performances are intended for educational groups. For more information, please contact the box office: (661) 723-5650.
PRIVATE ORDERS (under 10 seats):
- Two incentives are offered for groups of 10 or more:
- for every ten (10) seats purchases, one (1) chaperone seat is free
-additionally, full payment is not required upfront for these group sales.
- To make a reservation for a performance, a 10% non-refundable deposit must be made when paying with cash, check or credit card. Purchase Orders are accepted and must be submitted prior to making a reservation (no deposit is required).
- An order form must be submitted to reserve and/or purchase seats (by fax, email, mail or at the Box Office Monday-Friday between Noon and 6pm).
- Balance due is required thirty (30) days net from time of reservation and ALWAYS before the performance date. If balance is not paid on time the reservation and deposit will be forfeited. No refunds and no transfers.
- Full payment is required upfront. No refunds and no transfers.
- To purchase seats for orders under 10, come to the Box Office or call (661) 723 - 5950 during regular Box Office hours.
May 5, 2017 @ 11:00am
*Please call the Box Office for more information, (661) 723-5950
Check out our photo gallery for AFY: Rapunzel. Click on a photo to view a larger version of the photo below.
No videos yet, check back later!